English 3, Post 4, 'Choice of two topics' (choose one of the two)

 Hello Earthlings from FCQF, 

 

This is the second time we get to choose one out of two topics. This time, you will have to decide [just write one] between the following: 

 

Topic A:  Tell us about a meal or food you really like

Include this information: 

1. What is it? (Describe it)

2. How is it made?

3. Why do you like it so much?

4. How does it impact your health?

5. Upload pictures (optional)


Topic BTell us about a photo (or image)  that is meaningful to you

Include this information: 

1. What does it mean to you?

2. Why does it interest you?

3. What is the story behind the photo?

4. Upload the photo

Make comments on 3 of your classmates' posts (optional) + a comment on your teacher's post (obligatory)

Word Count: 150 words (minimum).


As you may have guessed, i chose a photo that is not really meaningful to me, but to a whole generation (probably):


















This is the photo I chose that I really like. If you ask me I really do not know who took it, it probably was taken from a professional photographer, since it is a promotional image for the Japanese trio “Shonen Knife”. The photo basically shows the band image, which consisted of Naoko Yamano (vocalist, centre), Atsuko Yamano (Drummer, left) and Michie Nakatani (bassist, right) I do not know when the photo was taken, but, by judging the band appearance, it seems to be it was taken sometime around 1990.

 I really like this photo as I already told you, because this band is a blast, a really cool rock and roll band. It derives from the punk movement in the US, particularly, from the “Ramones”. By the way, these three women from Osaka used to be called the “Osaka Ramones”. Their fame came to the western world basically because it was one of Kurt Cobain’s (Nirvana’s singer-songwriter) favourite bands. He was the one that promoted a strong passion for this group. It is no secret that this photograph represents the essence of Shonen Knife, three strong-willed women that like to rock and roll on their own terms.

Cheers.


What about you?

Comments

  1. I was listening some shonen knife music and I think the album that I liked more is candy rock. Usually the japanese artists that I listen are into j-pop, one of my favorites is YOASOBI, I highly recommended!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea this band was one of Kurt Cobain's favorites! I guess I'll give some of their songs a listen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had never heard of that group before, but it looks very interesting. I'm going to listen to some of their songs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn´t know that group exist, but it looks interesting. I listen some songs of a group from Japan too! and it's called Atarashii Gakko! you should listen to their music

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't know that band but the photo certainly captures their essence as a strong group!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How interesting, I had never heard of that band. I looked for them in Spotify and the truth surprised me a lot, they are very good and have a sticky rhythm to their songd. Some parts reminded me of songs from Studio Ghibli movies or an anime intro.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know these ladies, now I listen to their songs, they are not bad!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you find the image and its representation interesting. It's great to hear that you're considering looking it up. Discovering new things and expanding our knowledge is always exciting.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

English 3, Post 1, 'Who am I?'

English 3, Post 5 [Final], Choice of two topics [#2]