English 3, Post 3, 'My favourite piece of technology'

 

Warm salutations, Earthlings from FCQF!


This time you are absolutely entitled to write about a piece of tech material you think is very important. Some of the parameters to follow may come below: 

Say: 
 
Why is this your favourite piece of technology? 
How do you use it?/What do you do with it?
How does it affect your life? 
Would you recommend using it?

140 words (minimum)
don't forget to leave comments on 3 of your classmates' posts and on your teacher's post as well. 

As usual, I leave my sample entry for you to take as a writing model -if you want to, of course-


My favourite piece of technology is paper. No, I am not crazy, and I do not want to pull your leg. It is for real. Paper has almost always been there for us, I mean, ‘us’ as humanity. So, concerning my lifetime, I have been dealing with paper my whole life.

Paper has multiple functionalities, so there would be a little difficult for me to name them all. For some reason I still do not understand, paper is a wonderful piece of edible material – meaning that you can eat it – at least when I was a little boy. To a certain extent, paper also serves as a beautiful media to put your thoughts on. Also, you can make sculptures out of paper, and that would be called ‘origami’, the art of making three-dimensional figures out of paper.

I really do not ‘like’ paper. I would say that I ‘need’ paper because I like to write almost everything that gets into my head. And, you would say, ‘for there is a ton of internet out there, you could create a blog and write whatever you want. But, and there is probably my taste for it, paper is something you can touch, something you can feel with your hands, and probably, within that fact, my preference of paper over the internet would reside.

Life would never be the same without paper. There would not be history, culture, and a whole transmission of first-hand material for us to read and understand how humankind used to be so long ago. Without paper, there would be no culture at all, or at least, not a ‘durable’ culture. 

Cheers.

Comments

  1. It's a good point of view that you have on paper, but in my personal experience the paper has only make me suffer with the BEAUTIFUL tests.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paper is all too common, it is everywhere, but it is hard to imagine what our lives would be without it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally get where you're coming from! I share the same view that paper is a must-have. It has been instrumental in passing down human knowledge throughout the centuries. It's mind-blowing and incredibly useful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely adore the ode to paper that you wrote. Personally, I'm also a big fan of paper as a tool, however I can't help but feel guilty about using up so many pages while I study.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i totally share your point of view. I love to write my things in paper, like thoughts, feelings, knowledge, etc. But sometimes my hand hurts because i write too much

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really I dont thought about all the uses of the paper, and I realized the importance of it in my life :o

    ReplyDelete

  8. I completely agree with you about the importance and functions of paper, and I also believe that it has played a significant role in the development of humanity.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to admit that paper has been an important technological advance that has played a crucial role in history. But the negative environmental impact from the paper industry means I don't have a strong preference for paper :s

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's an interesting point of view about paper, it certainly made me think. I think that as much as you can write in digital it's much better to do it on paper.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Use paper its not vegan, but its a good peace of piece of technology

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

English 3, Post 1, 'Who am I?'

English 3, Post 5 [Final], Choice of two topics [#2]

English 3, Post 4, 'Choice of two topics' (choose one of the two)